Family values go beyond the present and reach into the past. Many of the meals you enjoy are precious family recipes handed down over the years. Cherish these memories by preserving them in an unforgettable way.
- Write down recipes that have been handed down over the years. This is important particularly if you have them memorized. Ask family members to share recipes if you do not have them. You can type the recipes or hand write them. Handwriting the recipes lends a personal touch.
- Gather pictures of family members associated with the recipes.
- Write the story behind the recipe by determining who, what, where, why, when, and how. Answering these questions will help your story unfold. The story can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
- Take pictures of the cooking process and the mealtime.
- Arrange the recipes, the stories behind the recipes, and the photographs in a special format.
o A scrapbook
o A bound book (contact a local retailer that offers printing services)
o A website (upload pictures, videos, and audio files)
o A calendar (contact a local retailer that offers printing services)