Holidays are special times when family and friends gather together to celebrate and make connections. Create a scrapbook for these cherished memories—one for each holiday you celebrate. Include following:
- Family recipes that have been handed down over the years--Embrace the stories behind the recipes by writing them out from the perspectives of multiple family members. Describe how the recipes may have been modified for gluten free and vegetarian diets
- Photographs with descriptions of the event or thoughts and feelings about the event--Describe who, what, where, when, why, and how of the story behind the photos.
- Voice recordings of loved ones--Purchase an inexpensive recording module used for stuffed animals or greeting cards. The modules allow you to record for approximately 10-20 seconds, which is long enough to capture the essence of a loved one’s laughter, riddle, or advice.
- Mementos--A dried flower, leaf, food or beverage label, or a decorative napkin can serve as memory triggers in a holiday scrapbook.
- Newspaper articles--Separate the scrapbook into years. To capture the behind-the-scenes stories, include a newspaper clipping of a major event that took place in the city on that day.
How have your family traditions shaped your life? This is the story in you. Share it.
The Memory Keepers’ Daughter,
#scrapbooking #holidays #traditions #photographs #RecordingModules #recipes #FamilyRecipes #mementos