Will Scandal’s Olivia Pope have to fix another problem? Mellie has been holding onto a grim secret: She was raped by her father-in-law. Moreover, Mellie does not know if her son is her husband’s half brother. For over a decade, Mellie kept this secret. Her husband Fitz told her she emotionally left him. As a result he found comfort in Olivia’s arms.
Although Scandal is a popular television drama, secret keeping is a real-life phenomenon. Just like Mellie’s situation, keeping a serious secret can be detrimental. Because there’s never going to be another you, make sure you rid yourself of what could be toxic to your self-esteem, family, and health.
- If a crime has been committed, notify law officials immediately. More people may be hurt if you do not come forward.
- Seek the guidance of a clergywoman or clergyman when your secret or revealing the secret may dramatically affect others. A minister can provide objective advice, help you develop a strategy, and provide insight to how others may react.
- Seek psychological counseling for emotional issues.
- Know that the right time to reveal the secret may never come. It may be just as difficult to reveal the secret now as it would be to reveal it later.
- Examine your intentions for revealing the secret. Are your motives pure?
- Consider writing out the secret and giving it to the person or people you believe should know.
As viewers wait to see what Mellie does with her secret, take steps to improve your circumstances.
How has a secret affected your life? This is the story in you. Share it.
#KeepingSecrets #Scandal #OliviaPope #MellieandFitz #minister #counseling #TellingASecret #RevealingASecret